Justin Timberlake’s New Album Is Not Country

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
Justin Timberlake is making an album, but even he doesn’t know what to call it. Even though Timberlake has his footing firmly in the pop world, he’s been toying with other genres–like R&B and country–since he debuted his solo album Justified in 2002. And his newest project sounds as though it will continue that funky and fun experimentation. Appearing on the British morning show BBC Breakfast today (Oct. 17) to promote the movie Trolls, talk naturally turned to the next JT album.

“I would not say that I’m making a country album,” Timberlake said, addressing rumors that began after he was spotted in the studio with Little Big Town. “But I also don’t like to say that I’m making an R&B album.” He added, “I did work with Little Big Town but that was because they were working with Pharrell. I have been in the studio with Pharrell, I have been in the studio with Max Martin, I have been in the studio with Timbaland.”

Martin has written some of *NSYNC’S biggest hits over the years, and he most recently collaborated with Timberlake on the summer single “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” Meanwhile, Timberlake seems to be blending “Justin then” and “Justin now.” He collaborated with Pharrell and The Neptunes for a good chunk of what appeared on Justified, but ended up working with Timbaland on his next three albums. Bringing all of these pieces together for his next album promises listeners a veritable feast, even if no one knows what to label it just yet.

*radio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment